Thanks for a great season! We will reopen May 24, 2024.
ADKX Visitor Courtesy Code
Your health and safety are our top priorities. We will continue to follow all local, state, and federal COVID-19 guidelines, and will proceed with these requirements throughout our open season. The ADKX website will be updated as needed to reflect the current guidelines, updated signage on our front doors will note current regulations, and our exemplary front end staff will be happy to answer any questions you may have regarding our current status. Thank you for your understanding and thank you for your continued interest in the Adirondack Experience, Museum at Blue Mountain Lake!
A review of our visitor guidelines and regulations below can help orient you before you arrive and ensure you get the most out of your ADKX experience. By visiting the Museum, you agree to abide by these policies. Please make sure to plan ahead for your visit.
The health and safety of all is our priority.
To ensure that we are providing a safe environment for all, the Museum has the following protocols in place:
- Masking is optional and social distancing is encouraged when possible—our open campus provides plenty of space to wander.
- Follow hand hygiene guidelines and use our hand sanitizer stations available throughout the campus during your visit.
- Please do not bring food or open beverages into any of the exhibit spaces.
So that we can safely remain open, we require that all visitors follow the safety guidelines outlined above. The ADKX reserves the right to ask visitors who do not follow these guidelines to leave the premises.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO FAQs
GENERAL ADMISSION + CAMPUS INFORMATION
What precautions are visitors required to take before and during their visit?
- By purchasing a ticket to the Adirondack Experience (ADKX), you agree to follow the Visitor Courtesy Code. Anyone who chooses not to comply with these museum and state-mandated guidelines will be asked to leave the museum campus.
- Masking and social distancing is encouraged when possible—our open campus provides plenty of space to wander.
- Visitors are required to follow any directional paths labeled throughout the museum, including one-way entrance and exit paths. ADKX has designated one-way pathways in some exhibitions to help eliminate close contact between visitors.
Am I required to wear a face covering?
Face coverings are optional, but are encouraged for unvaccinated visitors.
What if I’m late for my reservation?
Your online ticket is good for the whole day so stay as long as you would like.
Are there any exhibitions closed?
Due to restoration scheduled for this summer, the log hotel will be closed.
Due to construction on our NEW exhibition Artists & Inspiration in the Wild due to open in 2023, the Lynn Boillot Art Galleries will be closed this season.
Are the restrooms open on the ADKX campus?
Yes. All public restroom facilities are fully functioning and frequently cleaned by our hardworking facilities team.
What other safety measures does the museum have in place?
- There are hand sanitizing stations available throughout the campus for your convenience.
- ADKX has heightened cleaning protocols across campus. ADKX staff will frequently clean and disinfect high traffic areas and restrooms.
- Air filtration systems have been upgraded with new filters to provide high indoor air quality.
- Some exhibit entrances are designated as one-way zones to help eliminate close contact between visitors.
How do I get an admission ticket?
- Advance, timed tickets can be purchased here. Buy online tickets and SAVE!
Why does everyone, including museum members, need advance reservations/tickets to visit?
Advance tickets are not required, but they are encouraged. For public health and safety, and to comply with federal and state guidelines, the museum is currently limiting admission capacity. To monitor capacity and assure entry to all who want to visit, the museum is making tickets available by advance reservation to visitors and members.
Do I need to make a reservation for my child under age 5?
If you make advance reservations for your party, you will also need to reserve a free ticket for your children under the age of 5, so they can be included in your party’s total reservation count to help monitor visitor capacity.
Can tickets still be purchased at the Visitors Center?
Advance, online admission tickets are recommended for all museum visitors. For visitors unable to pre-purchase online, please speak to our friendly admissions staff in the Visitors Center.
Do any special exhibitions require separate tickets?
Your general admission ticket allows you access to all exhibitions on campus – no special tickets required!
If I am sick and cannot come to the museum do I get a refund?
We understand that plans change. We appreciate your cooperation and courtesy as we try to meet visitor demand during this reduced-capacity period. There are no refunds or rainchecks for reservations. Please talk to our admissions team about applying the value of your ticket purchase toward a membership to cover all future visits.
ADKX LAKE VIEW CAFÉ + ADKX STORE INFORMATION
Is the ADKX Store open at this time?
The ADKX Store is open during our open season from 9:30am – 5:00pm. Can’t make it in person? Please visit our online shop HERE.
Is the ADKX Lake View Café open at this time?
Yes. Our museum café will be open from 10 am to 3pm and serving soup, sandwiches, and light fare. Enjoy ample seating on our new overlook deck or tables provided around campus.
Can I bring food for my family rather than purchase it at the museum?
Yes, you are welcome to bring your own food. Food and beverages are not allowed in any of the exhibition buildings.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR MUSEUM MEMBERS
Do I need to reserve a ticket even if I’m a museum member?
Advance ticket reservations are recommended for all members. Museum members will still receive free admission, but reserving tickets in advance will help the ADKX monitor our capacity.
How do members reserve tickets?
Visit the advance timed tickets page here.
How many tickets can I reserve as a member?
The number of free member tickets you are eligible to reserve is based on your membership level. Please refer to the member benefits linked here to determine the number of tickets and guests your membership allows.
How do I become a member?
Our members receive many benefits and support the museum’s continued operations. Visit our membership page for a full overview of these benefits.
There are several ways you can join our museum family or renew your membership:
- Join or renew online here
- Call the membership office at 518-352-7311 ext. 112.
- Mail a check and membership application form and mail to PO Box 99, Blue Mountain Lake, NY 12812.
- Join or renew at the Membership Desk in the Visitor Center.