Open May 26 – October 9, 2023
Borrow a Boat
Wood-canvas canoes have been enjoyed by generations of paddlers on Adirondack waters. Join the tradition and borrow a vintage boat today!
Minnow Pond is our “gem in the wilderness,” a serene spot suitable for the whole family to explore; there’s no finer way to see it than by canoe. You can rent one from the ADKX Boathouse. Or try out another historical craft. The boathouse has something for everyone, from novices to experienced paddlers.
Admission to museum is required in order to use a boat.
- ADKX Boathouse is open from 10:30am – 4:30pm daily from July 1 – August 31, 2022 (weather, trail, and safety conditions permitting).
- The last boat rental will be at 3:30pm each day.
- Visitors ages 6 and above can be in boats on Minnow Pond.
- Boats are available for up to 30 minutes.
- All boaters are required to wear a pfd (provided at the boathouse).
- ADKX Boathouse staff will move boat to dock for you.
- Please paddle within marked area on Minnow Pond. Please do not paddle beyond the buoys.
- Self-guided paddling experience; staff will assist you launching and returning but are not in the canoe with you during paddle.
- Boats are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- The ADKX Boathouse may close without notice.
Guideboats & Skiffs
A very limited number of guideboats are available at the boathouse. Boating experience is required to be able to use a guideboat. ADKX Boathouse staff will work with you to determine the best boat for your experience.
For larger groups, skiffs are also available.
Boats in this special collection require restoration and care; not all boats will be available at all times.
Enjoy our ADKX Boat Safety Video!
The Adkx Boathouse livery includes:
Boat availability is subject to change without notice.
A 15’ guideboat built by John Blanchard, ca 1920.
A 15’ strip-built guideboat built by enthusiast Christopher Dolloph, ca 1990.
Skiffs & Other Rowboats
A 15’ rowboat built by the Skaneateles Boat & Canoe Co., ca 1900.
A flat-bottomed, square-stern rowboat used at a summer camp on Adirondack lakes, ca 1960.
Rushton Indian Girl
An 18’ wood canvas canoe built by John Henry Rushton, ca 1911 – 1916.
Old Town Canoe
An 18’ wood canvas canoe built by the Old Town Canoe Co., ca 1950.